What is ActiveImage Protector™ ?
ActiveImage Protector is an enterprise-level backup and disaster recovery solution that supports both physical and virtual (Hyper-V/VMware), Windows/Linux, On-Premise/Cloud environments. ActiveImage Protector is the fastest and most powerful data protection solutions on the market, and provides all the necessary tools for enterprise deployment and management, immediate system recovery, switch-over availability, and virtual migration.
Actiphy StorageServer™ option
Actiphy StorageServer™, as an independent destination storage for backup, protects the backup image files from the attack of a ransomware. The use of new QUIC protocol for data transmission enables to transfer data more safely with high reliability and ensures the security for the communication path.
New tracking driver
New Tracking Driver is provided to monitor disk I/O and tracking the changes made from the last backup. The changes are saved in an incremental backup file, saving backup process time.
Image based backup
ActiveImage Protector™ backs up your entire machine, including the OS, settings, data files and applications, and access rights into a single image file. When disaster strikes, select a backup image to quickly restore for a fast and complete recovery.
ActiveImage Protector™ Cloud Edition license is cost-effective and can be applied to different cloud environments, enabling to back up a maximum of five virtual machines running on public cloud environment.
Ensure full-state recovery
ActiveImage Protector™ backs up your entire hard disk including the operating system in a single operation. In the event of a hardware failure, the system can be restored to a different physical machine or a virtual machine.
Operation on Cloud is mostly the same as on-premise
ActiveImage Protector provides backup features supporting virtual machines on cloud environments using mostly the same operating procedures as on-premise.
Any backup image can be restored directly to a virtual machine within the same cloud environment. In-Cloud Recovery offers an easy system migration of on-premise virtual or physical machines directly to cloud environments.
Save storage space with IDDC
Our Inline Data Deduplication Compression (IDDC) feature eliminates duplicate data while simultaneously compressing it, resulting in a significant reduction in backup storage requirements.
Boot backup images instantly using HyperBoot™
Using our real-time virtual conversion technology, HyperBoot bypasses the lengthy, resource intensive, and cumbersome physical to virtual conversion process, and boots the backup as a virtual machine in minimal time. Changes made while running the virtual machine from a backup are saved as differential files. A proverbial “Spare Wheel” for recovery, migration testing, repair, or upgrading prior to actual deployment.
Pentium 4 or above
2GB or above
650MB or more of available disk space
- Installation of the related products requires available space for the respective products.
Required for online activation of the product, issuing a license file and installation of the latest updates
Supported Cloud Service：
- Amazon Web Services（AWS）
- Microsoft Azure
The following operating systems are supported on the virtual machine of Cloud Service.
- Windows Server 2022
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 11
- Windows 10（x64）
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux：8.0 – 8.6 / 7.0 – 7.9 / 6.0 – 6.10（x86_64）
- CentOS：8.1 – 8.4 / 7.0 – 7.9 / 6.0 – 6.10（x86_64）
- Oracle Linux：8.1 – 8.6 / 7.0 – 7.9 / 6.0 – 6.10（x86_64）
- AlmaLinux 8.3 – 8.6
- MIRACLE LINUX 8.4
- Rocky Linux 8.3 – 8.6
- Amazon Linux 2
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 / Desktop 15
- openSUSE Leap 15
- The above OSs require internet connection
- Ubuntu 18.04LTS / 20.04LTS / 22.04LTS
- Debian 9 – 11
Notes on installation of the product：
Before setting up ActiveImage Protector, please make sure the required packages and drivers are installed.
- Please refer here for more information.
Hot Imaging Backup :
FAT16, FAT16X, FAT32, FAT32X, NTFS, CSVFS, ReFS
- The above listed file systems on MBR and GPT disks are supported.
- Support for the above mentioned file systems of virtual disks on Storage Space configured with Windows 8 or later OS.
- ReZooming a virtual machine created in ReFS is not supported.
- Local virtual disk
- Network Drive：Network shared folder in cloud VLAN, compatible with SMB / CIFS file sharing protocol (Windows OS shared folder and Samba)
- Cloud Storage：Amazon S3、Azure Storage、S3 compatible object storage（Nifty Cloud、Cloudian）、Wasabi
- A volume with available space of 1% or more of the total volume size of the backup source is required as the working area other than the storage space for the backup image files.
- CPU: Dual core processor or above (recommended)
- Main Memory: 2GB or above (recommended)
- 8GB or more main memory is recommended when processing large volume data.
- Intel Itanium（IA-64）based systems are not supported.
HyperBack / HyperRecovery (when using ActiveImage Protector Server / Virtual ) :
- Dual Core or above CPU (recommended)
- 4GB or more of main memory (recommended)
- 1Gbps-capable NIC or above
Building RescueBoot / QuickRecovery:
Windows 10 1803(x64) or later Windows Desktop OS, Windows Server 2016 or later Windows Server OS
- QuickRecovery are not supported on ActiveImage Protector Cloud